Blue Heron Support Services believes that all people have the rights and responsibilities of equal citizenship including the opportunity to pursue and enhance a quality life. We believe that a quality life may differ according to Individual perception, but for most will include recognition of the following shared values and needs:
1. The basic need of every person to be seen and treated as a whole human being in all its
2. The equal right of every person to share in the provision of necessities of life such as food, shelter
3. The need of every person for good health care, security, stability and privacy and the value placed
on personal belongings.
4. The right of every person to self-determination and the need for mutual interdependent support in
the pursuit of life choices.
5. The need for love and respect in personal relationships and an equal right to develop these.
6. The need to have esteem for self and others and to be esteemed by others within the community.
7. The equal right of every person to live by his own beliefs and values, as long as these do not
infringe on another’s rights, values, or well-being.
8. The equal right of access for every person to community resources and the responsibility of careful
use of these.